Information for Families: 22.7.22
Well what do you know, we’ve got to the end of another year - and as we come to the end of the school year, it’s always good to reflect on the journey we’ve been on.
The year started with our fabulous 50th celebrations where we found out more about the history of the school, tackled a 50 challenge in each class, had a 70’s school lunch and celebrated with a big birthday party for all! And that was just the beginning, we’ve also:
- Enjoyed Take One picture week and exhibited our work at the Arthouse;
- Contributed to the Lewisham Borough of Culture with our ‘We All Belong’ festival which included workshops with Irie!, collaborating on a new mural, creating a migration themed piece of drama, listening to local elder’s stories and mounting the migration exhibition;
- Being awarded the OPAL platinum award;
- Training our new Anti-Bullying ambassadors;
- Got active in an action-packed Sports Week which included parkour, street dance, before school clubs and so much more;
- Swapped books and performed poetry as classes to the rest of the school for World Book Day;
- Collected and listened to your views in our Parent Survey;
- Entertained you with Year 6’s ‘Wonderland’;
- Performed at the ‘Turning of the Year’ concert;
- And taken over 100 children on PGL residentials.
We’ve taken children to a range of locations to learn, including the Greenwich Observatory, Migration Museum, Tower of London, Naval College, Butser Farm and the seaside. As well as the Albany Theatre, Horniman Museum, Centre of Cell @ Queen Mary University, Imperial War Museum, Deptford Market, Luxmore Gardens and Chessington.
It's been wonderful to watch your children grow in confidence, develop their skills and embrace opportunities.
Return to School
Staff will have two INSET days on Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd September. Apart from our new Reception children, all classes will all return to school on Monday 5th September.
Term dates are available on our website here: Term Dates
Lewisham Childcare Provision Survey
The pandemic and cost of living crisis has made things difficult for many parents and carers and Lewisham want to hear about your experiences of childcare provision. They are running an online survey to help us to understand how we, as a council, can better support families with accessing childcare in the borough. We know all too well how childcare costs can put a financial strain on working families and those trying to find work.
The survey is live until 5th of August 2022 and your response will be kept entirely confidential.
Mayow Park Summer Family Show
A Summer Family Show ‘THE TALES OF BEATRIX POTTER’ will be starting on Saturday at the former Bowling Green in Mayow Park, Sydenham. You will be welcomed into the wonderful world of Beatrix Potter where Peter Rabbit, Pigling Bland, Mrs Tiggywinkle, Jemima Puddleduck, Jeremy Fisher, Mr Tod the fox and more of her countryside creations are having a challenging day at the hands of Mr McGregor. Can the animals save the day, along with Peter's precious lost jacket? More information at: Spontaneous Productions
- There are 16 performances from Sat 23 July-31 July 2022 at 2pm & 3pm each afternoon - each performance lasts approx 45 mins.Please note no performance on Wed 27 July
- All tickets: £6 (under 3s free) Suitable for adults and families with children of all ages
- Do take blankets to sit on, sun cream and an umbrella - just in case! (As they are now sharing the venue with Sydenham Croquet Club, please no high heels, or chairs with pointy legs.)
Please email Jonathan Kaufman if you have any questions: here
On behalf of everyone at Myatt Garden, I’d like to wish you and your families a lovely summer. However, if you need us, we will be monitoring our inbox at: admin